2013 Event Details
- Thursday, July 11th
- 9 AM Registration
- Tech/Safety Inspection (tech inspection stickers compliments of Max Torque)
- Practice 9 AM - 6:00 PM
- Lunch by Max Torque, prepared by chef Jim Donovan.
- Our weekly rent to race night starts at 7 PM. Why not enter and drive the kart like you stole it? $60 entry fee and our rent to race karts are 50 MPH at the end of the straight. Drivers must be 18 yrs.
- Friday, July 12th
- Registration at 8 AM.
- Practice 9 AM two rounds per class minimum. We will run transponders to score in 2013, so if drivers want to run their transponders during practice we will post result sheets after each session. Transponder rental is $10 for Saturday and Sunday.
- Driver's Meeting at 11:30 AM.
- First heat demonstration/race round starts at Noon.
- Two heat rounds will be run between Noon and 4 PM.
- Beer, Wine and Cheese tasting 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM.
- One round of practice by class following driver's meeting
- Kart Show on the home straight at 4:30 PM. All karts on track please. Inside of the track non kart show, karts, and judged karts on the outside of the home straight.
- Cook Out starts serving at 6:00 PM. Drivers entered in the event receive a cook out ticket. Crew tickets available at extra cost. Limited number of tickets available.
- Saturday, July 13th
- Registration if needed 8 AM.
- One round of practice by class following driver's meeting at 9 AM.
- 3rd round of heats begins at 10 AM and concludes by Noon.
- Three heats for each class using Motocross Point Scoring.
- 1st heat line up by order of registration, runs Friday at Noon.
- 2nd heat line up, invert of 1st heat grid, runs Friday following 1st heat.
- 3rd heat line up, high point drivers to front, runs Saturday at 10 AM.
- As stated above, we will require all drivers who wish to be scored to run an AMB transponder. SRR will have them for rent at $10/event (Friday and Saturday).
Other Events at SRR
Don't miss the raffle we'll be conducting during our event. It will have:
- A 50/50 element which will split the money 50% for the VKA and the other 50% will be split by 3 winners.
- We'll also draw for an electronic ignition for a McCulloch.
- We'll draw for a Walboro carb in the winner's choice of Alky or Gas done by Bill Mc Cornack.
- We'll give away a McCulloch piston certificate.
Racers coming from the east who must come through Chicago might consider skipping the head ache by staying on I-80 west and then come north on I-39. It is longer, by 53 miles, vs. through the Windy City. The map program also suggests it will take one hour longer, but road construction (guaranteed) and traffic issues (maybe, maybe not) in Chicago can make the extra distance actually faster to travel.
Go Kart Speak |
How Do I Start? |
Go Karts For Rent
Vintage Karting |
Contact Us |
All product and brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks
Copyright © 1998-2013 Sugar River Raceway