We are really excited about the 2016 Turn Key Rent to Race season at Sugar River Raceway! If you are new to this web site and our programs at Sugar River Raceway let us first explain what this program is:
- Turn Key is synonymous with ‘Rent to Race’ or ‘Arrive and Drive’ or ‘Karts for Hire’ and maybe some other terms you’ve heard. Turn Key means everything is provided for you to race. The kart, the safety gear, the mechanics, the track crew and the race program.
- We run two different versions of our Endurance Races.
- First is a 100 lap event in which a two (2) person team competes. Our track is a ½ mile long paved road course. A 100 lap event takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes to complete. We make pit stops for driver changes every 25 laps, which requires three (3) pit stops to accomplish the 100 lap distance.
- We added a 50 lap one driver event to our mix in 2012 and it was very popular. This race also starts with a 10 lap qualifying session, and we’ll run with no pit stops for a continuous 50 laps. We’ve added this event because we hear from many of our customers that they are having trouble finding a partner for a 100 lapper. So here’s half of a 100 lapper that doesn’t depend on your partner’s schedule working out.
Ready to book your 50 Lap Race? Skip to the red “Book It!” button below to check for available dates and times. Clicking the button opens a new secure window so that you can enter your information safely. If you find a date and time that works, you can complete your booking online.
Endurance Race Schedule 2016
|Race Date||SRR Event||Who & When|
|Saturday 4/9/16||50 Lap Enduro Rent to Race Event||Register 6:30 PM, Practice 7 PM, Race 8 PM|
|Sunday 4/17/2016||50 Lap Enduro Rent to Race Event||Register 1 PM, Practice 2 PM, Race 3 PM|
|Saturday 4/30/2016||50 Lap Enduro Rent to Race Event||Register 6:30 PM, Practice 7 PM, Race 8 PM|
|Sunday 5/15/16||50 Lap Enduro Rent to Race Event||Register 10 AM, Practice 11 AM, Race Noon|
|Sunday, 6/5/16||Rent to Race Enduros, 100 & 50 Lappers||100 Lap 2 driver Race, 9:30 AM Register 10 AM Practice, Race 11 AM. 50 Lap Rent to Race Noon Register, 1 PM Practice, 2 PM Race|
|Saturday, 6/25/16||50 Lap Enduro Rent to Race Event||Register 6:30 PM, Practice 7 PM, Race 8 PM|
|Friday, 7/2/16||50 Lap Enduro Rent to Race Event||Register @ Noon, Practice 12:30 PM Race 1:30 PM|
|Saturday 7/16/16||50 Lap Enduro Rent to Race Event||Register 6:30 PM, Practice 7 PM, Race 8 PM|
|Saturday 7/30/16||50 Lap Enduro Rent to Race Event||Register 6:30 PM, Practice 7 PM, Race 8 PM|
|Sunday, 8/7/16||50 Lap Enduro Rent to Race Event||Register 11 AM, Practice 12 PM, Race 1 PM|
|Saturday, 8/20/16||50 Lap Enduro Rent to Race Event||Register 6:30 PM, Practice 7 PM, Race 8 PM|
|Saturday 9/10/16||50 Lap Enduro Rent to Race Event||Register 6:30 PM, Practice 7 PM, Race 8 PM|
|Sunday 10/16/16||50 Lap Enduro Rent to Race Event||Register 10:30 AM, Practice 11 AM, Race Noon|
|Saturday, 10/29/16||Turn Key Thursday at Noon||Thursday Night Format on a Saturday. $60 entry fee. Register at 11:30 AM|
|Sunday, 10/30/16||50 Lap Enduro Rent to Race Event||Register 1 PM, Practice 2 PM, Race 3 PM|
|Saturday, 11/05/16||Turn Key Thursday at Noon||Thursday Night Format on a Saturday. $60 entry fee. Register at 11:30 AM|
|Saturday, 11/12/16||Turn Key Thursday at Noon||Thursday Night Format on a Saturday. $60 entry fee. Register at 11:30 AM|
Endurance Racing details:
- 100 lap events, $80/driver or $160/two person team
- 75 lap ‘Iron Man’ events, $100/driver.
- 50 lap events are $80/driver.
- You may reserve for any event by calling the track at 608/897-2898. Reservations must be paid with a credit card. If karts are available you may enter day of event on a walk in basis.
- All drivers must be 18 years or older.
- Safety gear is provided, but drivers may use their own gear if it meets our minimum requirements. Helmets must be full face Snell 2010 rated. Gloves must be leather or suede palm. Full coverage of arms and legs is required. Material must be denim, Cordura, high tear strength nylon, or Leather. Driving suits from other forms of racing are allowed.
- Each team member will get one ten (10) lap practice/qualifying session before the race.
- 100 lap team will be weighed before the start of the race in their safety gear. No weight may be carried on your person, and each team must weigh a minimum of 350#’s. There is no weight maximum, only a minimum to better handicap kart performance. If your team does not make the 350# minimum contact us at the track before the event to see if we can accommodate by adding weight to a kart.
- The starting grid will be determined by timed laps in practice. Your race crew will flip a coin following qualifications. Tails we invert the top six (6) teams, heads we start heads up. The rest of the teams will line up heads up by best lap time from position seven (7) on back in the instance of an invert.
- The races will be scored using a computerized system that has a transponder on each car. This system times each lap for each kart. It is the same technology used in Formula 1 or NASCAR. This will also allow us to post a mid race update each time driver changes are completed.
- Team drivers determine when pit stops are made. A minimum number of (3) stops must be made for the 100 lap events.
- Rolled black flags are given as warnings for rough or un-sportsmanlike driving. Teams receiving rolled black flags will be penalized 30 seconds in the penalty box. A third rolled black for the same team will result in disqualification from the event.
- The track will provide pit crew should a mechanical problem crop up. Karts that can not be fixed due to major mechanical problems or damage due to on track incidents will be retired from the race. No spare karts will be used; the team will be retired from the race.
- Damage costs are the responsibility of each driver in an amount up to $80/occurance. This is on a no fault basis.
- Awards will be given to each driver on the top three (3) finishing teams.
- No refunds are given for laps not completed.
- We do race in light rain, but if an event is rained out a Rain Check will be given. This Rain Check can be used in any of the other 2016 Endurance events. Reservations must be made for the event a driver wishes to spend the Rain Check on.
Will you have any fun? Oh yeah! Our returning customer rate is amazing. You nearly need ear plugs in the pits after the event ends. The high fives and bench racing kick into high gear as soon as the engines shut off. We are also happy to report that the majority of drivers leave with a big grin on their face. Many issue threats of returning for the next Endurance Race to claim the winner’s trophy. We find words inadequate when trying to describe this experience; you’ve just got to try this!