You will need the following:
- Current Snell Foundation minimun M2010 or SA2010 (other ratings by SFI, Snell K for karting, and Snell Childs Racing also are allowed) rated full face helmet. Cost range $129 to $600
- Skid resistant (not fire resistant/retarding) driving suit will run from $135 to $600. You could use a skid resistant jacket rather than the full driver’s suit and pay in a range of $65 to $150.
- You’ll need what we call a neck collar, and it will cost $25 for the old foam doughnut type of device. New neck devices with ‘Hans Device’ type features are available from $100 $400.
- Driving gloves are needed. They will cost in a range of $22 to $100
- We strongly recommend a rib vest or guard (it is optional though). These cost from $80 to $150.
- Driving shoes are nice to have but not necessary at $99 to $200.
Low to high on safety gear is $250 to $1500.
Latest posts by Marshall Fairman (see all)
- Look Around the Corner and You’ll See the 2021 Race Season Heading At Us - 03/08/2021
- The Annual February Parking and Practice Pass Sale is On - 02/03/2021
- Holiday Hours - 12/23/2020